Don’t Have Any Questions? Try These.
The job interview isn’t over when the interviewer looks at you and asks “Do you have any questions?” You may find yourself taking a deep breath, thinking… “Wow, I did pretty well – I’m glad that’s over.”
Think again. Often this phase of the interview is the most revealing in terms of your critical thinking, enthusiasm, job, fit, etc. When you’re working with Willory for an HR or payroll position, we’ll help prepare you to be ready to ask some tough, insightful questions – but here are a few to consider the next time you’re asked…
- What’s the biggest change your group has gone through in the last year?
- What’s the most important attribute or characteristic YOU value for the individual who takes this job?
- What are the key accomplishments you’d like to see in this role over the next year?
- What’s your (or my future boss’) management/ leadership style?
- What makes a successful COMPANY NAME employee?
- Why do you like working here?
- What’s your/your group’s biggest challenge?
- Why is this HR/payroll position a priority for the organization?
- What about this position made you prioritize it over others?
- In order to have a very successful year in 2014, what will we have done over the next 6 months to make it successful?
- How will I know – formally through a review process or informally – that I’m doing the best I can for the company?
- What would the “perfect” candidate look like and how do I compare? What is your (or my future boss’) hiring philosophy when hiring a payroll/HR professional – to primarily hire experience or look for talent and potential as described in “First, Break All the Rules.”
- And finally, there’s the obvious “What’s the timeline for making a decision on this position and when should I get back in touch with you?”
By asking the tough questions, you’re showing a discerning mind, one that will serve you well in your new payroll/HR career opportunity. Good luck!
Leave a Reply
Dec 08 - Happy FriYAY! What have you accomplished this week? What's still on your to-do list for the rest of the year?