#SHRM15: Not Just About Las Vegas
We are feeling re-energized, inspired and ready to THRIVE after the SHRM 2015 Annual Conference & Exposition. It was an amazing chance for HR learning, listening and networking. Over 15,000+ HR professionals from companies and countries of all types came to hear world-renowned speakers, motivators and presenters. We went to sessions on Strategy, Employment Law, Talent Acquisition, and Personal & Leadership Development. Our favorite takeaways are below.
~Lisa and Jamie
Lisa’s Top 10 List from #SHRM15:
- Sneaking a peek into the Blogger’s Lounge. LOTS of energy in this Think Tank from some of the best HR bloggers around.
- Tuesday evening entertainment from Jennifer Hudson singing like an angel to a full house.
- THE Dr. OZ inspiring me to take charge of my health and wellness with some practical and easy to manage initiatives.
- Strolling through the largest HR exposition and engaging with the awesome vendors that provide HR professionals with all the right tools (and freshly baked chocolate chip cookies).
- Hearing Marcus Buckingham’s forward thinking predictions of what’s in store for HR in the next five years…and of course just watching @mwbuckingham in action ;).
- Discussing “Five Skills Every Leader Must Master” thank you @AndreaPHowe and @GarySJonesSPHR #Trust.
- Timely (and entertaining) presentation on selecting HR technology from @TimSackett and @Kris_Dunn.
- Learning who exactly Coach K is. My apologies to every guy, ever.
- Four days in Vegas.
- Quality time with my co-worker @JamieNicoleRugh. (Thanks for scoring second row seats for Dr. OZ!) #OverAchiever
If you attended SHRM 2015, what were your favorite things about the week under the Las Vegas sun?
Jamie’s Top 10 List from #SHRM15 (actual HR takeaways in follow-up blog are coming soon):
- Dr. Mehmet Oz (@DrOZ) from The Dr. Oz Show tells me it’s important to “never leave home without [my] nuts.”
- Marcus Buckingham (@mwbuckingham) from The Marcus Buckingham Company (https://www.tmbc.com) is –in fact—very attractive in person…not just in his headshot (sorry Boyfriend).
- What happens in #Vegas does not stay in #Vegas… it ends up on #Twitter…Buy your shirt here!
- Someone should have warned me to take my Aspirin Regime Low Dose Bayer before Coach Mike Krzyewski “Coack K” gave his presentation.
- Steve Gilliland (@SteveGSpeaks) taught me how to herd, feed and train a common barnyard animal.
- Nicholas Epley, Professor of Behavioral Science at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, tells me I have superpowers… Do you buy into it?
- HR Professionals are NORMAL people that like to have fun… weird I know.
- As HR Professionals, we like caffeine (@jrkuhns). We don’t mind standing in 3.2 mile long lines even if it means we are late to our educational sessions.
- Jeff Goins (@JeffGoins) is NOT Harry Potter/Daniel Radcliffe (even though this is the only reason I went to his session… kidding Jeff!).
- Tim Sackett (@TimSackett) and Kris Dunn (@Kris_Dunn) demonstrate that Periscope is a lot less creepy than I had originally thought.
Leave a Reply