Sit Back, Relax, and Let US Do All of the Work!
When I graduated from college, I found myself receiving several calls a month from staffing companies. Given the career I ended up with, I am almost reluctant to admit that I didn’t call a single one back.
Why would a college grad looking for work not return calls from recruiters? Well it wasn’t arrogance… it was because my impression of a recruiter was more like the negative “headhunter” image, where candidates like myself were just another number on their list. I pictured them calling as many people within an hour as humanly possible. Another reason was that I didn’t see any benefit in it for myself. I thought I was on the right track; I was getting phone screens and interviews with companies on my own.
In reality, using the right recruiter, more than just a “headhunter,” can help you to both better manage and improve the results of your job search.
Since my very first day here at Willory, I have found and continue to find numerous benefits in starting a relationship with a recruiter / staffing company. If you are a serious job seeker and have never considered working with a staffing company (Willory for example), here are several benefits that may change your mind.
- Recruiters have direct contact with companies, instead of submitting your resume to the bottom of the pile, have us place your resume on the top and give us a chance to present you directly to the company.
- We have insight on what the employer is looking for in a candidate. We can specially prepare you for your interviews – and steer you away from interviews that would be a waste of time.
- Sending your resume to us guarantees long-term submission into our Applicant Tracking System, where your resume will be reviewed for future opportunities that may fit your background.
- We will work hard for you. We want to help you get the job and at the same time we want to fill the job order for our client.
- We job search for a living, giving us ample experience in searching for and finding the right job for the right candidate
- Some employers do not post their job openings to the public. As recruiters, we occasionally have a ‘secret’ plethora of available positions that aren’t available to you.
- Get contacted for numerous job openings (within your professional skill set) and in return you may have the opportunity to choose your most desired career path.
- We want to build a rapport with you, if you aren’t a perfect match for a current job opening, we will know to contact you when other openings arise.
- There is NO COST to you. We work FOR YOU, FOR FREE!
Next time a recruiter calls you, remember that they are doing you a favor, the more ‘feelers’ you have out, the quicker you will find a job and the more opportunities you will have to choose from. Listen to them and hopefully they will help you.
*As a side-note, not all staffing companies will be putting YOU FIRST, if they can’t help you, Willory can!*
Additional Resources: How to Effectively Work With a Recruiter
Leave a Reply